The Wisconsin Women’s Rugby team completed a successful Fall 2015 regular season in the Midwest Division 2 league.
Competing in the West 2 quarter of the Midwest region, Wisconsin played nine matches overall this season. Seven of the nine matches were in the West 2 league and Wisconsin won all seven of these matches to place first overall with an undefeated record.
Additionally, Wisconsin earned its fifth-consecutive qualification to the Midwest playoffs (2011, 2012, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016), and a 13-point super league lead on all other West 2 teams in the standings. Runner-up Milwaukee Scylla is 13 points behind Wisconsin in the standings. It’s a great start for the spring playoff season for the USA Rugby 2015 Division 2 National Champions.
Wisconsin also played two Division 1 teams this fall. They defeated the Chicago Women 48-10 to kick off the fall season at the WWRFC 40th Anniversary Weekend in August. The team also played perennial Division 1 national contender Chicago North Shore in October, but suffered a 65-5 loss.
Here are the match recaps from our 2015 fall season:
- Alumni Weekend Celebrates Four Decades of Women’s Rugby
- Wisconsin Kicks Off 2015 Fall Season with 67-3 Victory Against Menagerie
- Wisconsin Rallies for 49-20 Win Against Scylla
- Wisconsin Earns 69-14 Road Win at Palmer
- WWRFC Assails Amazons 55-12
- Wisconsin Falls 65-5 in D1-D2 Crossover Against Chicago North Shore
- Wisconsin Shuts Out Palmer at Home 65-0
- Wisconsin Holds Off Amazon Attack 13-11
- Undefeated Wisconsin Earns 7th Win Against Menagerie