The Wisconsin Women’s Rugby team is currently seeking a head coach starting in August 2017. We have been back-to-back National Finalists in Division 2 the last 2 years, including winning the National Championship in 2015. In the fall 2016 we returned to Division 1 league play in the Midwest, making us the only Division 1 team in Wisconsin.
• We are looking for someone who is able to help our club continue to grow and develop at the D1 level and help our players advance competitively.
• No previous coaching experience is required, but is valued.
• Level 200 coaching certification is required, the team will pay for your USA Rugby coaching certification course if needed.
• Minimum attendance at 1 practice a week and most games on Saturdays (Ideally, 2 practices per week and all games).
• Coaching roles include planning and leading team practices in season, developing overall team strategy and game plans, working with team leaders to select game-day rosters and providing feedback to players to help them develop their skills.
• Compensation includes payment of match related travel and a stipend.
• Other details of position are negotiable with team leadership.
Our 2017-2018 competitive schedule runs from late August to early November and will include games against teams in Chicago, Twin Cities and Detroit. With the new Midwest schedule, the spring season will consist of national playoffs (if we qualify) and friendly/developmental games. We practice twice a week on Monday and Wednesday at the Wisconsin Rugby Sports Complex in Cottage Grove from 5:45 pm-7:45 pm.
We return a hard-working roster with lots of potential looking to prove ourselves at the Division 1 level.
Interested applicants should email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org with contact information, rugby history, and why you’re interested.
Please help our team climb to the next level.