The Wisconsin Women’s Rugby team is currently seeking a head coach starting in August 2016. We have been back-to-back National Finalists in Division 2 the last 2 years, including winning the National Championship in 2015. In the fall we will begin Division 1 league play in the Midwest, making us the only Division 1 team in Wisconsin.
• We are looking for someone who is able to help our club continue to grow and develop at the D1 level and help our players advance competitively.
• No previous coaching experience is required, but is valued.
• Level 200 coaching certification is required, the team will pay for your USA Rugby coaching certification course if needed.
• Minimum attendance at 1 practice a week and most games on Saturdays (Ideally, 2 practices per week and all games).
• Coaching roles include planning and leading team practices in season, developing overall team strategy and game plans, working with team leaders to select game-day rosters and providing feedback to players to help them develop their skills.
• Compensation includes payment of match related travel and a stipend.
• Other details of position are negotiable with team leadership.
Our 2016-2017 competitive schedule runs from late August to late October and March to early June and will include games against teams in Chicago, Twin Cities and Detroit. We practice twice a week on Monday and Wednesday at the Wisconsin Rugby Sports Complex from 5:45 pm-7:45 pm.
We return a hard-working roster with lots of potential looking to prove ourselves at the Division 1 level.
Interested applicants should email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org with contact information, rugby history, and why you’re interested.
Please help our team climb to the next level.